At our discretion, Route may require a valid police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered and not received.
We fully understand that our current political climate and the presence of COVID-19 can make this process stressful, so if requested, we encourage you to call your local police station in order to make the report.
Police reports can be made over the phone, in-person, and, in some cases, online. Most of our customers are able to complete this report within 10-15 minutes with their local police department.
Below are some simple steps to help you get started:
- Research your local police station (a quick Google search usually does the trick!)
- Call the station's main non-emergency phone number
- Let the station know you need to file a report on a stolen package for the company protecting your package
- Ask if you can do it online, over the phone, or need to go in person. Every precinct is different!
- File the report. Common details required include:
- Name of Retailer
- Date of Order
- Date of Delivery
- Name of Carrier
- Where the Package was Left
- Package Value
- Be sure to include the reference/case number in your issue when filing. If you've already been conversing with a Route specialist, you can also send them the reference/case number or a copy of the full report.