When an order issue is reported and resolved, your product will either be reordered or refunded depending on in-stock availability and the percentage of discounts received.
In some cases, order issues may not be approved per the Route Package Protection policies.
In this article, you can read more about what to expect in each scenario and where to reach out for further questions:
- Shortly after Route has processed your reorder, you will receive a confirmation email from the retailer that includes the new order number and receipt of purchase. Once the retailer fulfills the order, you will receive another email with tracking information: tracking number, and a link to track via the carrier service (i.e. UPS, USPS, etc.).
- Every reorder placed through Route will also be covered by Route Package Protection in the case of lost, stolen, or damaged items. So rest assured that you can always reach out to us should you experience another protected situation!
- Lastly, we highly recommend downloading our app and utilizing Route’s Visual Tracking in order to keep an eye on reorder package status updates and future orders in one, user-friendly place.
Shipping and tax costs will be refunded for select partnered merchants. For those select merchants, refunds to original payment methods will be available, but in the case we are not able to offer a refund to your original form of payment, we will offer a PayPal refund as an alternative option.
For the remaining partnered merchants, refunds are calculated on the exact price you paid for the item(s) - excluding the cost of shipping, taxes.
In both cases, the Route Protection cost will not be refunded.
- If you do not currently have a PayPal account, don’t worry! PayPal is easy, fast, and free to set up, all you need to do is follow this link to get started: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/account-selection.
- Once your PayPal refund has been processed, you should expect to see funds reflect in your PayPal balance within the next business day (if not much sooner). Sometimes it’s tricky to navigate how to transfer those funds to your bank account, so you can also reference this PayPal article if you need help!
Original Form of Payment
- If your payment is processed to your original form of payment, you can expect to see those back to your account within 5-7 business days.
- Currently, Route is developing some incredible additions to our services that would include the ability to put money right back into your pocket for all merchants. However, until we release those features, PayPal is our safest, most efficient option for returning your money to you in those circumstances.
If you have any questions regarding a reorder or refund completed through Route Package Protection, you can reach out here and we'll be happy to assist however we can!